A discount can be awarded if someone is living with the person that they are caring for and the care is provided for at least 35 hours per week.  The person being cared for must be in receipt of the highest rate of Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance (Care Component).  The person must not be the carer's partner or child under 18.  Alternatively, you can apply for a discount on your council tax if a member of your household is a Careworker.  Careworkers are people employed, usually by a charity or local authority, to provide care.

Important note: After you have submitted this form online, you will be asked to print it and pass to your employer to authorise. The completed form should then be sent to the Benefits and Council Tax Team, PO Box 18015, Glenrothes, KY7 5YJ. 

Go Top