Adult gaming centre machines
The operator of an Adult Gaming Centre (AGC) may make available for use up to four gaming machines or 20% of the total number of gaming machines (whichever is the greater) in categories B3 or B4. An unlimited number of category C and D machines are allowed. All permitted gaming machines will count towards the 20% entitlement.
No-one under the age of 18 is permitted to enter an AGC.
To operate an adult gaming centre premises you must hold
- an operating licence, issued by the Gambling Commission, and
- a premises licence issued by Fife Licensing Board
To apply to Fife Licensing Board for an adult gaming centre premises licence you must
- complete the application form and submit it with a scale plan of the premises and the appropriate fee
- provide us with details of your operators licence (issued by the Gambling Commission)
- inform the Responsible Authorities (using the prescribed form) within 7 days of the date on which the application was made
- publish, in a local newspaper, an advertisement (using the prescribed form) within 10 working days starting with the day after the date on which the application was made
- display a notice on your premises (using the prescribed form) for a period of not less than 28 consecutive days, starting on the date on which the application was made. The notice must be clearly visible to members of the public passing by the premises.
The period for representations is as follows:
- within 28 days of the date on which the application was made
An AGC premises licence is of unlimited duration. The first annual fee is due within 30 days of the issue of the licence and thereafter before each anniversary of the issue of the licence.
Tel: 03451 55 11 77 Contact Regulation Team online
By Post: Fife House North Street Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LT