Planning Permission - change of use

If you want to change the use of a building or piece of land you may require planning permission. To find out more information download our publication Change of Use and Use Classes

You can also check whether you need to apply for planning permission by reading the following legislation and a circular can be found on the Scottish Government website Circular 1/1998 and Circular 7/1998.

Permission is generally required if the change involves moving from one class to another, however, in some cases you can move between different use classes without the need for permission.

If you do need to apply for planning permission you will need to complete a full planning application.  You can apply online using the Scottish Government eplanning website.

If you require a Property History Search to be carried out, there is a fee attached to this service.




Your Enquiry

Please give details below about the nature of your enquiry.

Send enquiry to: Economy, Planning and Employability Services

If you want to complain about the services you've received from Fife Council please click here



Your Contact Details

Please provide your preferred contact details so we can reply to your enquiry. Privacy Statement

NOTE: Do Not Alter This Field:

Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.