Short term housing support

Privacy Notice

This Privacy Notice explains how we use the information that we collect about you.


Fife Council commissions and is a member of the Short Term Housing Support & Homelessness Public Social Partnership (PSP). In addition to Fife Council, PSP members comprise voluntary agencies delivering short term housing support, housing advice & Keyfund services, domestic abuse services and supported temporary accommodation services across Fife.   


Fife Council and the PSP Lead Agent jointly process and allocate short term housing support referrals and use the information provided by you within your short term housing support application form in order to assess your circumstances and to enable you to receive a short term housing support service.

  • We have statutory functions to process these applications for short term housing support in terms of the Housing Support Services (Homelessness) (Scotland) Regulations 2012; Housing (Scotland) Act 2014; Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007.


The personal information we gather and use includes name, national insurance number, contact details and date of birth for applicant and household members. 


We also gather information on medical information, details of any vulnerabilities and the reasons you require support, your physical & emotional well-being, parenting and care requirements, and risk information including any criminal convictions.


We share your information with the partners of the PSP including the short term housing support providers as well as those involved in the management of your tenancy, temporary accommodation and/or accommodation-based support.


We receive additional information from you or a referrer to enable your application for housing support to be assessed. For example, information from NHS, Social Work Services, Health & Social Care Partnership and voluntary agencies.  


We receive information about you from your current or previous landlord, including any temporary accommodation providers.


We obtain information about you from previous housing support applications that you have submitted.


By completing this application form, we gather information about household members on your application.


We can contact other individuals as a result of information that you or the referrer has provided. For example, former support worker contact details.


We obtain risk assessment information about you and household members from Social Work Services, previous housing support applications and providers, referrers, current landlords including temporary accommodation providers, Police Scotland, NHS, and any other agency where appropriate. 

Article 6 (1) (e) –  Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.


The lawful basis for processing special categories of personal data is:

Article 9 (2) (h) – Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for assessing the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or a contract with a health professional.


In the event that we did not request and use this information then it would not be possible to assess your need for short term housing support.


There is no automated decision making when assessing an application for short term housing support.

Further information on how your information is used and why can be found at The Council's Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:

We offer people the opportunity to develop their practical household skills to enable independent living. You could be eligible for this support whether you own your home or rent from a landlord.

As part of this service we can help you get in touch with the right people and provide guidance with housing support tasks, including:

  • Debt
  • Budgeting
  • Healthy living
  • Household skills
  • Community awareness
  • Personal safety
  • Guidance on how to access education, employment, training and volunteering opportunities. 

How to apply

To apply, complete the application form or contact us on the details below.  

If you are accepted for housing support your details will be passed to a service provider who will carry out  an assessment and work with you to create a plan. 


Trust in Fife
Tel: 07943 836 499 Contact Trust in Fife online
By Post: The Cairn Centre 83 - 85 Dunnikier Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY1 2QW
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.