Tenancy Sustainment

Tenancy Sustainment is about making sure you feel settled and are able to enjoy a good quality of life in your home.  When you sign up for your new tenancy your Housing Management Officer (HMO) will visit you within 4 – 6 weeks to ensure that you are settling well into your new home.


HMO’s are there to assist you with all tenancy related matters and you will see your HMO out and about within the area you reside in.   HMO’s can offer an individually tailored service to fit your housing needs – whether you need advice and assistance on a one-off basis, or for a period of up to 12-16 weeks - see information on our Tenancy Assistance service. 




If you require more specialised Housing Support, your HMO can refer you to our partners for Short Term Housing Support for a period up to 2 years. 


If you don’t already know who your HMO is, you can find out by visiting any Customer Services Centre or phone the Contact Centre on 03451 55 00 00.  


Fife Council have been looking at ways to help better prepare customers for an offer of housing. ‘A Smart Start to Housing’ is a useful guide designed to prepare you for a new home with Fife Council. Please refer to the 'publications' at the bottom of the page and explore the guide that best suits your circumstances.


Further advice and assistance


Please use the web links below to find out what other assistance is available and if you require further information please contact your Housing Management Officer. 


Furnishing your home - See Furniture & Household Items.  You may wish to consider Tenancy Assistance if you are struggling to set up your home.


Heating Heating your Home has further information, you can use the E-form link to refer yourself to Cosy Kingdom for a free and impartial home energy advice visit.


Budgeting -  Your HMO can refer you to CARF (Citizens Advice Rights Fife) if you have multiple debts or are struggling to budget.  For a wide range of information and advice including accessing food banks, benefits difficulties and living on a budget, see Welfare and Benefits


Let’s keep you connected- Can we help you with Digital Skills?  Whatever your level of knowledge, interests or requirements, you can access computers at your local Community Library, your local Job Centre, at Job Clubs or in Skills Development Scotland offices (Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy).  Why not attend a digital skills class?  


Garden issues – Are you struggling to maintain a large garden?  Are you having difficulty with putting your bins out? Please contact your HMO to discuss how we can assist you.  You may qualify for our Garden Care Scheme


Overcrowding or under occupation– You can click on this link to complete a Housing Options form or request an interview at any Customer Service Centre.


Noise and Neighbour issues– See Safer Communities  for more information including how to report incidents. 


Managing your tenancy following a relationship break down; bereavement; or major life crisis – You may want to consider Tenancy Assistance


Drug or alcohol addiction- For further information see Addiction Services.  You can also consider a referral for Short Term Housing Support.


Looking to improve your reading or writing skills; or improve your English, as a speaker of anotherlanguage?  See Reading, Writing & English skillsOther Communication needs has information about alternative formats of correspondence.


For Bin Collections in your area  just enter your postcode for further information.


Other useful websites:  

www.onyourdoorstepfife.org  find groups, organisations, information or support in your area

www.smartlifeinfife.org  a self-assessment tool to help people live independently for longer



Donna Christie, Lead Officer - Estate Management 
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 47 40 11 Contact Donna Christie online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.