Help and advice is always at hand.
Whether this is a first time tenancy or not, Fife Council provide an excellent Tenancy Assistance Service to enable you to settle well into your home. Making your house a home.
The topics we can assist with are:
Your tenancy agreement
- Understanding your tenancy agreement.
- How to be a good neighbour,
- Your rights and responsibilities;
- Safety and security within your home
- Failure to comply.
Your household income
- Maximising your income, assisting you to budget. Referring you to other services for money advice and assisting you to heat your home efficiently.
Your tenancy mail
- Assistance with tenancy related forms/letters and any benefit enquiries.
Your home & living standards
- Advice on furnishing your home, local information and housing advice.
Your additional needs
- Accessing local services or longer term housing support from partner services should you require it.
Tenancy Assistance is a free service which is provided by your Housing Management Officer (HMO) and is available to all Fife Council tenants. If you would like more information on this service please contact your HMO or your Customer Services Centre. Tenancy Assistance isn’t restricted to the categories above, Tenancy Assistance is led by you and what you require assistance with in relation to your tenancy.
Once contact is made, your HMO will arrange to meet with you at your tenancy, this will be your opportunity to ask questions about the service, discuss circumstances and decide on the options available to you. You can be assisted for a period of around 12-16 weeks, on housing related matters.
TO REQUEST YOUR HMO TO CONTACT YOU TO DISCUSS THIS SERVICE – PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED ‘DO-IT-ONLINE’ E-FORM: TENANCY ASSISTANCE REFERRAL FORM
Other useful websites:
www.onyourdoorstepfife.org find groups, organisation, information or support in your area
www.smartlifeinfife.org a self-assessment tool to help people live independently for longer
www.servicesfife.org search for advice agencies in Fife
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 47 36 53 Contact Amanda Innes online
By Post: Town House 2 Wemyssfield Kirkcaldy Fife KY1 1XW