Active Fife's Sports Development
Active Fife's Sports Development team serves as the interface between the local sporting community and Fife Council, liasing closely with clubs, schools, coaches, national governing bodies of sport and the local sports councils.
A wide range of events, courses and activities from participation to performance are offered, leading many people towards a healthier lifestyle and stronger sense of community.
The Active Fife Sports Development team helps people, teams and organisations in many ways. They:
- help coaches develop their skills, for example through training, with funding and with advice on how to progress in their chosen sport or technical area of expertise
- give sports clubs advice and practical help to develop, get funding, increase membership and join accreditation schemes
- recruit and train volunteers such as coaches, officials or club committee members
- run holiday activity programmes for children with local clubs and facilities
- plan for specific sports
- give sports grants and funding to local groups and clubs
- offer advice on local and national grants and funding sources for sport in Fife
- give professional advice and help to develop existing and new sports facilities
- fund and help local sports councils in their work
- offer activity programmes so people can take part in sports
Check out our Active Fife Facebook page or visit our website at www.fifedirect.org.uk/activefife. Please find our contact details below.
Tel: 01383 602393 Contact Sports Development online
Active Fife Team
Tel: 01383 602393 Contact Active Fife Team online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ