Recycling and waste for residents
Changes to your recycling and waste service over the festive period
- There are no bin collections on 25 & 26 December and 1 & 2 January. Bins due to be emptied on these dates will be emptied on 23 & 24 December and 30 & 31 December. Visit www.fifedirect.org.uk/bincalendar to check your bin collection days.
- Recycling Centres are closed on 25 & 26 December and 1 & 2 January
- There are no special uplifts from 18 December until they restart on 8 January.
- You can recycle your real Christmas tree for free, by cutting it up and putting it in your brown bin or taking your real Christmas tree to any Recycling Centre in Fife.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
- our new bin collection trials
How are we doing?
In 2016 Fife recycled 55% and diverted 59% of its household waste from landfill. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
Yet there is still more to do. Scotland has challenging targets of by 2025 recycling 70% and sending 5% to landfill. Fife Council has its own even more ambitious target to put no waste into landfill sites by 2020, provided it’s financially possible.
What else can I do?
Our recycling A to Z provides advice about what to do with a wide range of different products.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service.